search blog :

June 13, 2012

Travel

Broome time

The time on Sunday in between checking out of our hotel in the morning and catching our flight later that afternoon felt like forever. We started off with a slow brunch and a bit of sight seeing and spent lunch in the shade with ginger beers at Matso’s Brewery. I usually spend the day following a wedding doing absolutely nothing if I can help it as it can be a mentally, emotionally and physically draining day so was a little worse for wear as we drove around in the heat.

We dipped our toes in the crystal clear ocean to soothe our sand fly bites while time stood still as we watched children laughing, shouting and splashing in the water and I was transported back to my childhood. I spent the first 21 years of my life just 800km’s south of Broome and lived a similar childhood to these cherubs with many afternoons and weekends at the beach. It was nice to just stop and remember for a moment and appreciate a pretty awesome upbringing that I had with freedom and experiences not many kids have.

As we left the beach to head to the airport, Grant and I remarked that clearly a prerequisite for living in Broome was owning a boat, a dog and preferably a couple of naked children. It was nice to live on “Broome time” for a while.

I’ll be sharing Vicki and Luke’s wedding very soon (so unbelievable!) but in the meantime, here is Broome 🙂

SHARE TO:

1. andie hunt

June 13th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

awh! lovely Broome, you have captured “Broome time” beautifully my friend. I absolutely loved being up there & I almost feel a little sad seeing your tranquil calming images of a place I absolutely love. Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. FLOWER TALK

June 13th, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Beautiful, Angela and I felt like I am there with your images!

3. Roslyn McDonnell

June 17th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Beautifull Photos, Angela soo looking forward to seeing what i’m sure will be amazing photography of Luke & Vick”s wedding.

4. camilla knudsen

June 19th, 2012 at 1:20 am

beautiful images!!! Can you share a bit about the technical aspect of them. these aren’t film though right? but theyhave such a film like softness yet sharpness about them. which lens did you use for most of them? Really appreciate a bit of background info. thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work. I’m so jealous 😉

5. Angela

June 19th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hi Camilla! Thank you so much for your kind words! These were all shot with a 50mm 1.2 lens and yes, they are all digital 🙂 They are all different settings but just a couple of tech details are the surfer image was shot at f/2.2, 1/2000, ISO200 and the first image of the flower at f/1.2, 1/100, ISO1250. Hope this helps!

6. Alana

October 27th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

You have such a good eye for finding loveliness!