My husband will often start a sentence with, “You know that movie with that guy … “ and I’ll know exactly who he’s talking about or what the movie is. Its a quirk of mine that I store those random things in my head hoping there will be a future use but couldn’t tell you my mother’s mobile phone number without looking in my address book. So in the spirit of random things, here are 10 things you don’t know about me.
1. Apparently my sneeze does not sound like a sneeze and is rather weird. I used to be a sneezer that would contain it and eventually my ears felt the pain so I adapted and now have a sneeze that people think is strange and people aren’t sure if I’m coughing or sneezing. Maybe you’ll be fortunate to hear it one day.
2. During my gap year I worked in a lunch bar during the week and would sing in a band in bars on the weekends. So very rock and roll of me. I was completely broke but loved it and got a full time job the next year in a secretarial traineeship.
3. I can’t watch a movie these days without reading up on trivia on IMDB at the same time. I love finding out random facts like discovering that George Lucas was sure Star Wars: A New Hope would flop so he skipped the premiere and he and Steven Spielberg went on holiday to Hawaii where they came up with the concept for Raiders of the Lost Ark. What!!
4. I can’t pronounce the word “sixth” properly. It sort of sounds like a version of “sith” and “six” so I will avoid saying it at all if possible.
5. If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be anything from the sea (except perhaps abalone because I just don’t understand what the heck that is). I think it comes from having been brought up near the coast with the freshest seafood always available.
6. I can’t burp. Now before you roll your eyes and say, “Whatever!”, I swear it is the truth. My best friend in high school was a champion belcher and no matter how much she coached me I just couldn’t do it. Not even a little bit.
7. I love everything coconut flavoured so considering the current health craze its a good time for me. If I have ice cream (which I rarely do), it will only be because there was coconut ice cream available.
8. I have a rather huge collection of french cookbooks. The funny thing is that it is usually the same traditional recipes in each book so they often count each other out but I love collecting them. Ma Gastronomie is next on my list.
9. It seems I never can remember to close a drawer when I open it. When I am cooking there are drawers open all over the place and it drives my husband crazy.
10. I have a definite salt tooth rather than a sweet tooth. Give me a cheese platter over a piece of cake any day.